Solent Gateway provides a range of services and facilities to offer a fully flexible multi-modal 225 acre port. Our dedicated rail link, which is connected to the national rail infrastructure, can provide a direct route for freight whilst reducing traffic on the roads.
Solent Gateway Aerial View
Solent Gateway has 4 berths across 2 jetties with RoRo capability available for commercial vessels. Solent Gateway also boasts an extensive railway network within the port for the transportation of freight to and from vessels, with direct links to the national rail network for ease of transportation to anywhere in the UK.
Falklands Jetty – SGL Berths 3 and 4
- Maintained to 8 metres below Chart Datum (including approach);
- Useable length 169 metres with two dolphins (vessel up to 210 metres);
- Fendering: Fixed conventional. Maximum vessel berthing load 25,000 Metric tonnes;
- Rail access and link – span facilities are available on each berth;
- Two 32 tonne rail mounted cranes, with container handling ability;
- Link-span Pontoons maximum 100 tonnes (SWL); variable freeboard settings on both spans.
Mulberry Jetty – SGL Berths 1 and 2
- 4 metres below Chart Datum;
- 115 metres in length and has limited facilities;
- Please contact us for more information about this facility.
A slipway facility is available at request – please contact us for more information
Tidal and Infrastructure Height
- Maintained depths below Chart Datum (CD) 2,74 Below Ordnance Datum Newlyn (BODN)
- Mean High Water Springs (MHWS) = 4.5
- Mean Low Water Springs (MLWS) = 0.5
- Mean High Water Neaps (MHWN) = 3.7
- Mean Low Water Neaps (MLWN) = 1.8
- Quay/Jetty height = 3.53 Above Ordnance Datum Newlyn (AODN)
View connections to distribution networks below
Hover over the image to use the zoom feature.
Solent Gateway represents an ideal opportunity supporting commercial activity underpinned by both RoRo and LoLo shipping. SGL’s Port of Marchwood developments support those businesses seeking the facilitation of logistics hubs, business parks, storage, sea to rail, sea to road, automobile, project cargo, general cargo, dry bulk and break bulk.
In addition the Port benefits from specialist capabilities enabling Helicopter operations, (load delivery to port, helicopter loading onto ships), out of gauge load management, together with rail locomotive and long item (100m+) storage.